Nigerian controversial actress and Edo born film producer, Etinosa has just proved either way, of being in support of what the Redeemed Christian Church Of God’s church General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye said sometime this week , when he was advising his followers regarding not marrying a woman that cannot cook. The statement which he made via his twitter handle had since become a subject of discuss among many celebrities and social media users.
Reacting to the advice, the Nollywood actress took to her Instagram handle today to write to the G.O, definitively, quite respectful she had sounded as she tells him that she can cook since it’s one of his yard stick and qualification for any lady who intends marrying and also a quality the guys needs to fish out by themselves when they are about to settle down for marriage.
The pastor who had wrote;
“My sons, don’t marry a lady who cannot cook. She needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time,”
While many are still reacting on this; recall that sometime last year a similar statement by the General Overseer had also busted out sparks as many were in disagreement with his saying. The pastor outlined five qualities a man should should look out for when his hunting up for a wife to settle with, his five outlined qualities are;
1. Don’t marry a woman who can’t cook: The pastor said a woman who cannot cook is not worth marriage because men will not be able to afford eating out all the time. “Don’t marry a girl who cannot cook, she needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time,” he said.
2. Don’t marry a woman who can’t pray for one hour non-stop: A prayer warrior is ideal in a woman a man wants to marry, says the pastor. He goes on to say that not just anyone who can pray, but one who can pray for one hour non-stop is marriage material. “Any girl who cannot pray for one hour non-stop, don’t marry her,” he said.
3. Don’t marry a woman who is lazy: Pastor Adeboye says a woman who is lazy as a girl will make a lazier wife and mother in future and asked men to desist from such women.
4. Don’t marry outside Redeemed Christian Church of God: The pastor was also quoted to have asked his congregation not to marry outside the church. “Don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church, even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it!”
5. Don’t marry a worldly girl: “Don’t marry a girl who is worldly! If you do, you have carried what you’ll worship for the rest of your life!” he advised. A twitter user shared part of the sermon.
However, the actress’s comment has also created an outburst on the social media as many have been reacting to her her post and also analyzing the statement made by the made of God.